The Sick Cycles ATGATT Blog
Motorcycle Tips For Riders With Chops
Tech Tip #4: Tire Pressure Affects the Quality of Your Ride
December 7, 2022 | Tech Tips
Motorcycle tire pressure refers to the amount of air used to inflate its tires. It affects how well your tires grip to the road and your overall riding experience. Tire inflation:
- Carries the weight of the bike,
- Helps prevent tire damage,
- Ensures your tires perform safely and as they should, and
- Absorbs road bumps and affects ride comfort.
Units of air pressure are measured in pounds per square inch (PSI). The ideal PSI for your tires will depend on:
- The make and model of your bike,
- The type of tire,
- Your riding style, and
- How long you intend on riding.
To get the most out of your tires, and to maximize ride quality, refer to the recommended tire PSI range set by the manufacturer. Note: This range can be found written on the sidewall of the tire.